So excited to share with you this FREE tutorial on how to make an awesome Hybrid Fitted Diaper! I share my tips and tricks in this video to help you start saving money!
Now even though these diapers are not waterproof, I have not had one leak yet. I recommend adding a Osocozy cloth diaper to make it super absorbent and that way you can show off whatever cute print you decide to go with.
- Printer paper (8 . x 11 card stock is best)
- Sewing machine or Serger
- 100% polyester sewing thread
- Marking pen
- Ball Point Needle Size 11
- Ruler/Measuring Tape
- Fabric for Layers
- Outer layer: cotton or poly knit interlock, minky, cotton/bamboo/or hemp fleece, flannel
- Hidden body layer: cotton/bamboo/or hemp fleece, cotton or bamboo velour, french terry, anti-pill fleece (to make a hybrid), flannel
- Inner layer: cotton/bamboo/or hemp fleece, cotton or bamboo velour, french terry, minky, wicking fabric, crushed panne, flannel
- Soaker: cotton/bamboo/or hemp fleece, cotton or bamboo velour, french terry, birdseye, zorbII, flannel
I used anti-pill fleece for my outer layer, anti pill fleece for my hidden body layer layer, and cotton velour (ooooh so soft) for my inner layer. My soaker is made out of an old cloth diaper, I ended using one layer for my soaker instead of 2 for this one. I also have some without a soaker because for me I loved using her Ozocozy Prefolds by trifolding them and putting those in. Or you can use terry cloth, and microfiber (get these at the dollar store)! And I topped it with cotton velour so her bottom sits on something soft and comfy.
What fabrics do you use for your hybrid diaper?